CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

BYU Women's Conference

I had the opportunity to go to Women's Conference with my cousins, Katy, Brittney & Ashley and also my mother in law, Patty and her cousin, Peggy. It was the funnest two days. We laughed and cried, didn't sleep much but more importantly we were spiritually uplifted for two straight days. Not to mention we didn't have any children so naturally we are more relaxed and even a little immature. It was so much fun being with my cousins and reminiscing of the good ole days in Cove. I'm so thankful for them and their testimonies and the fun tradition we've started. Leaving the Conference being on a spiritual high just makes me want to be a better mom and wife. A lot of the talks we went to were about being enough. That doing our best is enough and we don't have to feel like we are falling short. The church is true and I love it!!


This picture didn't turn out too well, but that is President Monson and his wife. He was our surprise closing speaker of the conference. One of my favorite things is when there is a room full of 20,000 plus LDS women chatting away ( you can imagine how loud it was) and then all of a sudden, silence and here comes the Prophet. It was amazing. Everyone had tears in their eyes and the spirit was so strong. Just being in the room, you know he is a true Prophet of God. His words were inspirational and I'm determined to do a little better, but again, he reiterated that my best is enough. One more thing on a lighter side, during his talk I looked down at his sweet wife and she was asleep and I just got to thinking that to me he is the Prophet, the person closest to our Heavenly Father and I know Sister Monson knows that too, but to her he is just the man she fell in love with so many years ago. It just helps me realize that they are just like you and me and we can all be just like the Prophet and his wife.

0 comments: